BSCORE DEV PEDAL PCB BUILD DOCUMENT
Table of Contents
- Schematic Diagram
- Off-Board Parts Wiring Diagram
- Top Layer Layout
- Bottom Layer Layout
- On-Board Part List
- Off-Board Part List
- Printable Enclosure Drill Template
- Printable Enclosure Label
- Building Guide
1. Schematic Diagram
2. Off-Board Parts Wiring Diagram
3. On-Board Part List
Note: C11 uses multi-layer ceramic capacitor (MLCC) because it should have maximum height of about 5 mm when soldered onto the board, you can use value between 0.1 to 1uF for this capacitor.
|1||BSCORE Module + MALE-HEADER RIGHT-ANGLE-2X15||BSCORE-HDR||1|
|2||10uF/16V electrolytic capacitor||C1,C2||2|
|3||4.7uF/16V electrolytic capacitor||C3,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8||6|
|5||100nF Multilayer Ceramic||C11||1|
|9||LED 3MM (RED)||D-AUX,D-MAIN,D-POWER||3|
|12||MALE HEADER 1×3||MIDIIN-HDR,MIDIOUT-HDR,UART-HDR||3|
|13||B10K, right angle PCB-Mount potentiometer||P1,P2,P3,P4,P5,P6||6|
|14||10R , 0.25W Resistor||R1,R2||2|
|15||330R , 0.25W Resistor||R3||1|
|16||47R , 0.25W Resistor||R4,R5||2|
|17||220R , 0.25W Resistor||R6||1|
|18||100K, 0.25W Resistor||R7,R8||2|
|29||1K , 0.25W Resistor||R9,R10,R13||3|
|20||1M , 0.25W Resistor||R11,R12||2|
|21||DPDT ON-OFF-ON Toggle Switch||SW-MIDITTL||1|
|22||SPDT ON-ON Toggle Switch||SW-POWER,SW-PROG||2|
|23||LM1117T-3.3 Voltage regulator IC||U1||1|
4. Off-Board Part List
Note: Use isolated 3.5 mm TRS sockets for J1-J4 (like shown in the Figure 4), since the board has separate audio ground and digital ground to minimize the digital noise. For audio input-output (J5-J8), use mono or stereo socket with small case overhead (like shown in the Figure 5), so it could fit in this critical spacing design.
|1||SPST Momentary Footswitch||FS1,FS2||2|
|2||ISOLATED 3.5 mm TRS socket||J1,J2,J3,J4||4|
|4||MONO audio socket 6.35 mm||J5,J6,J7,J8||4|
|5||ISOLATED 2.1 mm DC socket||JD||1|
5. Top Layer Layout
6. Bottom Layer Layout
7. Printable Enclosure Drill Template125B-PEDALDEV-BSCORE-DRILL
8. Printable Enclosure Label125B-BSCORE-DEVPEDAL-FRONT-LABEL
9. Building Guide
- Make sure the enclosure has been drilled, painted, and labeled.
- Solder all components of the top layer, including all the header connectors. Make sure the LM1117-3.3V is mounted on the board to have as short as possible height.
- Solder all bottom layer resistors (R9, R10, R13), those are all bottom layer components except the potentiometers, LEDs, and switches.
- To reduce the mechanical stress on the PCB when mounted the the enclosure through by potentiometers and switches, follow these steps:
- Install all potentiometers (P1-P6) and toggle switches (SW-POWER, SW-MIDITTL, SW-PROG) loosely to the enclosure.
- Mount the PCB to the mounted potentiometers and switches and align perfectly with the enclosure, keep it aligned without soldering.
- Tighten the nuts of all the potentiometers and switches while keeping the board mounting aligned, still without soldering.
- Solder all potentiometers and switches except P1, P2, and P3.
- Cut the leads of P1, P2, and P3 as short as possible, so they have zero height before get soldered.
- Solder P1, P2, and P3 without excessive tin so it produces thin or flat soldering surface in the top layer. This will make the BSCORE module insertion possible/easier.
- Unmount the board and the potentiometers assembly from the enclosure.
- Re-solder the potentiometers P1, P2, P3 from the bottom to add more strength, but be careful not to let the tin flows to the other side.
- Mount the LEDs with the following steps:
- Twist the LEDs for D-POWER, D-AUX, and D-MAIN 90 degrees before mounting them to the PCB, as shown in the figure 8. This twisting enables omni-directional horizontal adjustment after get soldered to PCB.
- Mount each LEDs and adjust the height to get aligned with the adjacent switch as the reference.
- Solder the LEDs from both sides (top and bottom layer) to get maximum strength against pushing and pulling off the board.
- Cut all the excessive components leads.
- Re-mount the board assembly to the enclosure through the potentiometers switches, secure their nuts tightly.
- Mount the footswitches (FS1, FS2) to the enclosure, and wire them to the board using single female header cable jumper (Figure 9). See Figure 3 as the wiring reference for off-board parts.
- After the footswitches get wired, you can mount all other sockets (JD, J1-J8) to the enclosure and wire them to the board using cable jumper/single female header in any order (Figure 10(A)). See Figure 3 as the wiring reference for off-board parts.
- Insert the BSCORE Module to its header (Figure 10(B)).
- Secure the enclosure with its base-lid, now the pedal is ready to use (Figure 11).