II.1.2. Installing and Updating Blackstomp Library
After finished with the board installation for ESP32, we can proceed to the Blackstomp library installation:
- Download Blackstomp library from https://github.com/hamuro80/blackstomp , extract the zip file after download. Make sure you can find the library folder “Blackstomp” inside the “arduino-library” folder.
- On Arduino IDE, go to menu Sketch > Include Library > Add .ZIP Library, and navigate to the extracted library folder “Blackstomp” to select it (yes it works for normal folder as well, not only ZIP file). Return to the Sketch > Include Library menu. You should now see the library at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It is ready to be used in your sketch. The zip file will have been expanded in the libraries folder in your Arduino sketches directory.
Updating Blackstomp Library
If you have installed the library but need to update it with newer version or downgrade it with the older version, you can manually update the library by following these steps:
- Download the specific version of Blackstomp library from https://github.com/hamuro80/blackstomp
- Extract the downloaded library if it is in zip format.
- Overwrite the Blackstomp folder inside the “libraries” subfolder in the sketchbook location with the new extracted files. The sketchbook location can be found at File->preferences->(settings tab)->(sketchbook location field)